Saturday, 5 November 2016

Addicts Anonymous: Attention Whore


If ever there was a picture that described a situation so accurately, it would have to be this one. It probably summarises my whole life too. Here I am sitting down and wondering if I really want a relationship or just attention because if I've never mentioned it on here before, I'll do that again, I love attention.

Hi my name is Bondi and I'm an attention whore, not walk in a room and start acting up attention whore or tweet emotional stuff attention whore. No I'm an attention whore for my current love interest/crush. The problem is I get attention then get fed up of it and dump the attention giver and sulk for attention from a fresh source, get someone new and repeat the cycle again. Hence the AA meeting. Anyone on here relate?

And don't tell me to go to Jesus for attention, I know that and I've been trying to go to Him. If I'm being honest, sometimes you relapse to your old habits. I just don't know why it's hard to do the right thing. There's nothing worse than knowing the answer to your problem but refusing to accept it. I've used two guys for attention in the past month and I'm not proud of myself. I feel like I'm repeating the cycle but I don't want to stop. Why? What if it's a symptom for something deeper? oh my gosh, guys, what if I'm emotionally damaged? Who is going to marry me???????

Do they accept addicted attention whores at rehabs? 

Should I start one?

Who is going to answer all these questions????????

Sigh....

2 comments:

  1. Addiction Addiction!!
    First of all I must say kudos to you for writing up the private killing situation of most people.
    I will write my opinions in the form of answering your questions:
    1. I feel like I'm repeating the cycle but I don't want to stop. Why? From my view I feel is because we are so into that habit that we feel its part of us. And a times the feeling of being left out or fear of the unknown could be the problem. In life a times we have to play he game of RISK!! so we can really that person we were to be.

    2. What if it's a symptom for something deeper? In that case we need to admit it. After that, we do cross examination about, is it something worth for or can i handle it?. Permit me to say this, a times distraction or unsatisfactory heart could be the problem.

    3. oh my gosh, guys, what if I'm emotionally damaged. A saying goes like this in Hausa language "komai nisan dutse, kasa zata dawa" meaning no matter how high a stone goes, it must surely come down! if that is the case be rest assure that you can be emotionally be rebuild. How?? No body knows better than yourself. Search yourself, try to find out when the situation started, what lead to it. When that is done I suggest you talk to an elderly person whom you trust, respect and listen too for advice.

    4. Who is going to marry me??????? I will..lol. The person God has destined for you will surely come if you do the ryt thing. Never let anyone make the decision for you.
    Do not allow the fear to come into matter of life partner because the moment that is done one can easily miss it. I belief you are christian and you know what the Bible says about marriage!!
    Sort yourself out then look onto God for directions.

    5.Do they accept addicted attention whores at rehabs? lol. I wish the do. But i guess speaking to the elders could be the best human rehab.

    6.Should I start one? You have already started. Posting this here is the step, just keep it up.

    7. Who is going to answer all these questions???????? I respect your statement 'And don't tell me to go to Jesus for attention'. From my view He is the only solution and answers to your questions. In any situation, call on that name Jesus that makes the difference.

    I like this your statement " I just don't know why it's hard to do the right thing. There's nothing worse than knowing the answer to your problem but refusing to accept it" Its annoying and quite difficult as well. Even Paul in the Bible said something like that in the book of Romans 7:19.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edward. Haha thank you so much for the reply. It was refreshing reading your response, I'm glad you did. Bless your heart. Yeah this is my rehab alright lol.

    ReplyDelete