Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Diary of a Celibate Bachelorette


What a funny name to give to a blog post right? I got the idea from a date tonight. So as a single eligible bachelorette, I've found myself on the receiving end of male attention again. My market dey sell, we thank God LOL. Of course I'm not jumping into a relationship anytime soon but it doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy the company of a good sensible man from time to time (take what you want from that).

I got the idea for this title (which may end up being a series) while having drinks with this man, whom we shall call Tall Dark & Handsome, TDH for short because I can't be writing all that out all the time. Anyways, drinks is going great and we are having an amazing time, laughing and getting to know each other, being open because who has time for games? Great guy, great conversations and he works out, he's ticking all these dream list boxes so I decide I'm going to drop the Celibacy card and when I tell him, I kid you not, He looked like he had seen a ghost. I couldn't help bursting out in laughter, which he joined in on. Quite naturally he asked why, and I told him my reasons after blundering at first. Shameful on my part, I should be able to explain why I'm celibate. Anyways as good looking as he was, I've sworn off leading men on when I know I'm not ready (still apologising for breaking the hearts of some good men) so I had to let him know before he went around catching feelings where I am in life at the moment.

On my drive home, I think to myself, how many men will be able to handle my celibacy decision? I'm at a point in my life where I'm not looking for a relationship and so I'm open to going on dates but I can't help but imagine the different reactions I'll get when I tell them that I am. We live in a very sexual world, where you can literally go down the road to pay for sex. For me however, it's a sacred act and I made a decision with God to be celibate till I'm married. Is it hard? You bet your ass it is, my only consolation is knowing all the dirty hot incredible sweaty God-ordained sex I will get to have with my husband when we are married. So Dear Future Husband, if by some chance you are reading this, get ready cause I have bottled up years of vitamin K for you. I feel like Jane The Virgin right now and if I keep going on dates with men like TDH then you people might have to pick up my charred remains from the ground cause the intensity will have burned me to death by then.

I'm at a point in my life where I get introduced to a man and I'm like, "Hi, I'm Bondi and I'm celibate", might need to make a T shirt, a face cap and some pins to help get that point across. A lot of the men I've met don't understand the decision to be celibate, I've gotten into heated conversations with male colleagues about it and then tonight, it feels like an alien concept to them. However it's a decision I'm happy with and I look forward to it. Blogging might just be my way of getting off -_-, I'm tired of people asking me how I do, I don't.

7 comments:

  1. You're not alone in this journey. I wish it wasn't a foreign concept to them, but the world has taken something so beautiful and made a game out of it,no wonder they expect everyone should be playing. It's one of the toughest things a single person in this age has to deal with, and our media doesn't even help. You've said everything that's true..I couldn't have said better. More grace as you wait dear 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. It is well with us. Thank you Dorcas xx

      Delete
  2. You're not alone in this journey. I wish it wasn't a foreign concept to them, but the world has taken something so beautiful and made a game out of it,no wonder they expect everyone should be playing. It's one of the toughest things a single person in this age has to deal with, and our media doesn't even help. You've said everything that's true..I couldn't have said better. More grace as you wait dear 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlllll you have no idea! told someone i was a virgin the other day and she acted like i came out from other the rocks, otther guys i meet think its a privilege to loose it to them,. sigh i dont even need to explain why, you dont owe an explanation other than you being a Christian thats all really

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah Ellen, we are a rare species, don't mind them. We'll be fine lol

      Delete
  4. Story of my life!! You're basically a unicorn if you're celibate lol
    "all the dirty hot incredible sweaty God-ordained sex I will get to have with my husband when we are married." Yasss to this, I'm at that stage where this is the main reason I want to get married ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear!! If you hear that I'm married by march, just know that I entered that marriage to satisfy my konji LOL

      Delete